This is not my last post, I’m just super backed up. Two more posts in the works. I’m writing this on the plane back to the USA.
- I skipped a bunch of classes to make the France trip work
- came back to many big projects to complete
- locked myself in my room for a few days to catch up on everything
We had to create a “realistic” render using Blender. I took a picture of a corner of my desk and tried to recreate the scene.
Left: reference image, Right: my 3D recreation
I was happy with the result and I got a lot of compliments when I presented it in class.
We had to implement a search problem that could help a pizza delivery guy pick the shortest route to pick up and deliver pizzas.
Example search scenario
We had to implement components of a stock market taking into account multiple brokers trying to access the market at the same time. Yawn.
- went fairly smoothly despite my last minute studying
- each was ~2hrs long
- most exams consisted of a few multiple choice and a couple long answers
- didn’t have to take my graphics final since my grade was already high
Goodbye UC3M hallways
Fiesta de San Isidro
- honestly not sure what this holiday is about
- various events going on in Madrid
- I went to see a harp player in the evening at Temple of Debod
“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.”
― Kurt Vonnegut Jr., A Man Without a Country
- some highschool friends came to visit Madrid on Fri (May 17th)
- gave them suggestions on things to see
- had some meals together (kebab, Spanish food, montaditos)
- picked up one more friend (Herrick) at the airport on Sun
- we spent the day together while the other friends visited Toledo
They headed off to Rome for a few days while I finished another final.
But things soon took a turn for the better. Stay tuned.